There’s a good reason why the Harry Potter franchise is worth well over $25 billion.
Magic has always captured the attention of audiences young and old. Hosting a magic-themed party for your kids is sure to be a hit.
Keep reading to learn our top five tips for hosting the best magic party!
1. Plan Magic-Themed Party Games
Magic party games will entertain and enchant your guests regardless of their age! Here are some great ideas to get you started:
- Hunt the White Rabbit (hide little rabbits, let the kids find them)
- Card castle (see who can build the highest card tower)
- Pull the Rabbit from the Hat (put your hand in a box/hat filled with toys. See who can find the white rabbit without looking!)
These games are sure to be a hit!
2. Hire a Reputable Magician
Nothing can make a birthday more magical than a real wizard!
Here are some great tips to remember when seeking out a Magician for Hire:
- Keep your audience in mind
- Ask the children’s parents about any fears and avoid them
- Check out the magician’s experience
- Read the magician’s customer reviews
- Do a brief web search on the magician
- Contact the magician and discuss specifics about the event
- Ask if the magician has insurance
The magician has the power to make or break your party, so you’ll want to make sure you’ve got the right person for the job.
Magic shows are also beneficial for the parents who can use the time to set-up the next party event for the kids.
3. Magic Theme Party Foods
A magical birthday party deserves some magic-themed foods.
Coming up with creative and tasty food kids will eat is always a challenge, but don’t get discouraged.
A great tip is to use cookie cutters to turn ordinary fruits into fun magic shapes. Let the kids pick their fruit and slide them onto kabob sticks.
Another idea is to make magic dice sandwiches. Turn ordinary PB&J’s into something special. Cut circles in the top layer of bread to mimic what dice look like.
Check out Pinterest or Google for even more recipes for your magician birthday.
4. Create-Your-Own Wand Craft
Kids of all ages love using their imagination to create works of art.
Depending on the weather, consider letting the kids find their own sticks in the backyard. For younger children, you may want to buy some craft sticks instead.
Let the kiddos go wild with paint, glitter, confetti, and anything else that comes to mind.
They’ll be able to take their wands home after they dry, so it’ll be one magical birthday keepsake.
5. Share the Magic
Party favors are a must at kid’s parties.
Too often, parents shell out tons of money on dozens of cheap favors that don’t last. Why not consider dedicating that money to a magic set for each guest instead?
While not the traditional party favor bag, it’ll be well-received.
These five tips are more than enough to help your youngster’s magic-themed party be a success.
At the end of the day, the real magic is your child growing one year older. Enjoy your special day!
Do you have any unique birthday party themes or celebration ideas you’d like to share? Reach out to us at WishesPlanet with your suggestions!